The entire sponsorship process is completed online. Select the child you wish to sponsor. Register securely online, and have payments deducted automatically from your debit or credit card. Log in and upload photos and letters to your sponsored child. Receive online letters and updates from your sponsored child.
Guidelines for building a relationship with your sponsored child:
Children love to hear from their sponsors and often share these letters with others. The more you write to the child you sponsor, the more he or she will reap the benefits of your relationship, knowing that someone really cares.
- Keep your letters short and use simple language.
- Tell the child about yourself and your family.
- Tell about your country, city, or town.
- Talk about the climate and different seasons.
- Describe a typical day or talk about a favorite subject.
- Include your interests or hobbies, holidays you celebrate, even the foods you and your family enjoy.
- Invite your child to write back.
- Include photos of yourself and your family.
- Avoid discussion of material possessions and avoid photos that are focused on possessions.